On August 2, 2016, all OSHA fines will increase 78%. The purpose of the increase is to bring penalties up to current price index levels. The last adjustment to OSHA penalties was in 1990, so current OSHA penalties are based on price levels that are 2.5 decades old. Furthermore, penalties will be adjusted every year from here on out, to make sure they keep pace with current Consumer Price Index levels. The maximum for “Serious” citations, which is the most common type of citation, will increase from $7,000 to more than $12,000 per citation. The penalty for “Willful” or “Repeated” citations will increase from $70,000 to $124,000 per citation.
I’ve implemented a few special programs and free services to help organizations to prepare for the change.
- FREE phone consulting. I’m offering a free hour of phone consulting for anyone with questions on this change or any OSHA compliance question. Just call me directly at (612)597-6463, any time.
- FREE OSHA 300/300A/301 assessments. If you don’t know, OSHA forms 300, 300A and 301 are the three forms used in mandatory injury and illness recording. These records will be requested during an OSHA inspection, so it’s important to make sure they’re correct. Sotera Consulting will assess all records and practices related to injury and illness recording and reporting, totally free of charge. For our geographically distant clients, we can easily provide this service via email, phone, webinar, etc.
- Safety training services 50% off. When was the last time your employees had compliant and effective training on hazard communication, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, and other safety topics? If it’s been more than a year, you’re probably at risk of being fined. Call us to talk about what requirements might apply to your operation, and schedule your training by an OSHA-authorized outreach trainer. Save 50% off our already inexpensive rates. We provide training in nearly every part of the country.
- General OSHA compliance assessments. Sotera Consulting will conduct a wall-to-wall mock OSHA inspection of your facilities/worksites, evaluating your compliance with hundreds of important OSHA regulations. The inspection is only a few hundred dollars but will almost undoubtedly turn up issues that could cost thousands in OSHA fines. This service is available anywhere in the United States.
- Written programs from just $89. The first thing you’ll be asked for during an OSHA inspection is your written programs, like your AWAIR program (in Minnesota), your IIPP program (in California and other states), your Hazard Communication or Right to Know program, respiratory protection program, etc. Be sure your programs are developed, implemented, and maintained. Don’t waste days or weeks of your time trying to figure out how to write these programs. Let us develop them for you. Individual written programs start at just $89 and comprehensive safety manuals begin at $299. We can even complete them via phone, email, webinar, online questionnaire, etc.
Remember these offers expire August 31, so contact Paul at (612)597-6463 or firstname.lastname@example.org today!